Once this feature is enabled, the app admin can create subscription plans for groups and manage content access of their app. This will allow app admins to charge the app users/customers a recurring fee to access the app or its services. The recurring fee can be set to charge the users on a Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Every 3 Months, Every 6 Months or Annually. You can also set a Free trial period for this subscription group before the users are charged the set amount to access the paid section of your app.
Please follow below instructions to enable Subscription model in your app:
- Go to Member Login section on your Beezer dashboard. Here, you will find a section called Groups and Subscriptions.
- To activate, use the toggle button next to the desired option.
- To accept payments, you need to set up your Stripe account. Please visit this link to signup/register with Stripe. Once you set up your Stripe account, you'll have to generate Stripe API Keys.
To generate the Stripe API Keys (Secret Key and Publishable Key) please follow the steps give below:
STEP 1: Log in to your Stripe dashboard and click on the Developers.
STEP 2: Go to API keys on the left hand side menu.
STEP 4: Now click on Reveal live key token
Now for your Beezer App to communicate with Stripe when an "Event" occurs, like a user subscribing, or renewing their subscription, we will need to set up such events in Stripe for the Group Subscription to work seamlessly.
- Go to stripe dashboard
- Click on Developer settings
- You will find Webhooks in the left panel
- Click on add Endpoint
- Add this URL https://api.beezer.com/1.0/payments/stripe_member_webhooks
- Add these events one by one
After configuring Stripe, you can now create subscription plan in the "Groups & Subscription" section:
- In the Group section, you can create plans by clicking on which is on the upper right-hand side:
- To activate a Subscription plan, use the toggle button next to the desired option.
- You can add/update the following options while creating your Subscription plan:
- Plan Title/Name
- Logo/Image for your plan
- Billing Cycle - One time or Recurring
- Billing Period - options available are:
- Every 3 months
- Every 6 months
- Free Trial (Toggle button to enable it and enter number of the days you would like to offer your exclusive content on a free trial)
- Add New Feature item - You can add key features of the plan which will be displayed with the plan.
- Once a subscription is created, one additional menu will appear on the Member login section of your Beezer dashboard:
- Now that the Subscription Group is created, you can add the pages that contain the exclusive content of your app to this group.
The newly created Subscription Group will appear in the Groups and Subscriptions section. To add the pages that you want only the members of this group to see, simply click on the subscription group and a dialogue box will appear. Scroll down until you see the section that allows you to select the pages that you want to make exclusive for this group. Once the pages are selected, click on Save and then Publish your app for the changes to take effect. Image below for reference:
To display subscription plans or restrict access on your users' device, you'll have to change the page layout from the Member Login section of your Beezer dashboard. You can add Header and Sub Header for that page. You can also redirect them to your app page or other webpage by adding a button.
When your app users view your app on their mobile device, they will now be able to see a new option in the three dot options menu called "Subscriptions". This section will allow your app users to check their subscription details and history.