The Marketplace Component allows you to create a marketplace app where your app users can buy and sell products or services.
Marketplace allows you to set up an online storefront where your app users can signup to buy products. You can also let validated users sell their stuff in your marketplace app.
While other service providers charge you for marketplace services, we are happy to offer this free of cost to our members who have subscribed for this feature.
The following sections are available under "Marketplace" component:
Add Marketplace Component
To start with, you need to first add the Marketplace component in your Beezer app. Please login to your Beezer Dashboard and follow the instructions below:
Step 1: To add the Marketplace component, please click on the Build section of your Beezer dashboard and click on Pages section.
Create a new Standard page by clicking the + sign next to Pages option.
Step 2: Once you have added a new page, click on the + sign next to your page title. You will be shown all the existing components available for your Beezer subscription plan.
Click on Marketplace tab and select Marketplace Products and Services component. Click Add Marketplace component button to add it to your selected page.
Step 3: After adding the Marketplace component, you need to configure the settings. Please click on Business Tools section of your Beezer Dashboard where you will find all settings for the Marketplace under the "Enable Marketplace" section.
Before the sellers start adding products, it is important for the app admin to setup a few things under the Settings section. Please navigate to "Settings" option inside Business Tools -> Marketplace section and update the following:
- Product Approval - Enable this toggle if you want to approve all products before they are visible in your marketplace app.
- Product email updates - Enable this toggle if you want to receive product updates via email. You will receive an email every time a product/service is added or modified. You can also set an email for receiving these updates, if you want to receive these at an alternate email address.
- Currency - Currency type which you want to accept via your marketplace app.
- Vendor Approval - Enable this toggle if you want to approve all vendors/sellers before they can start listing products or services on your marketplace.
- Vendor email updates - Enable this toggle if you want to receive vendor updates via email. You will receive an email every time a vendor is added or modified. You can also set an email for receiving these updates, if you want to receive these at an alternate email address.
- Vendor Policy Link - You can add a URL for your marketplace vendor policy, which your vendors need to accept to sell on your marketplace app.
- Enable Payments - Enable this toggle to accept payments for products and services via your marketplace app.
- Stripe Public Key - Enter your Stripe account public key to receive payments in your Stripe account.
- Stripe Secret Key - Enter your Stripe account secret key to receive payments in your Stripe account.
- Check our Stripe setup article to know more.
- Transaction Fee - You can set a transaction fee for each product/service sale from your app. Please make sure you consider the Stripe transaction fee for each transaction while adding the Transaction Fee percentage for your marketplace app.
- Payout Schedule - As a Marketplace admin, you can setup the number of days after which your Marketplace app sellers will get their payouts. Click here to learn more about payouts.
The Buyers section will show you all the registered app users of your marketplace app.
To check the profile of the buyer, just click on the Buyer name and it will show you their details.
You can also delete, download all buyer data, or email them in bulk by selecting them and clicking on the 3 horizontal dots on right-hand-side corner of your screen.
The Sellers section will show you all the vendors/sellers who have listed their products on your marketplace app.
Once your app user registers as a seller, you will receive a notification via email.
You can also navigate to Business Tools -> Sellers section on your Beezer dashboard to check all sellers from your marketplace app. All new sellers will show as Pending under the Sellers section.
To approve the seller, click on the seller name and then click Approve Vendor on the next screen.
You can also send a message while approving or rejecting the vendor. Once you click on Confirm, the vendor will get approved and can start selling on your app.
Once the seller is approved, they can start listing products on your marketplace app. Each new product listed by them will need the app admin's approval. You can either approve the products via the Products & Services section, or visit the Sellers section, click on the seller and see the listed products.
Click on the product which you want to approve (which shows pending).
On the next page, you can either approve or reject the product.
You can also send a message while approving or rejecting the product.
Once you click on Confirm button, the seller will be notified via email and the product will be available for purchase in your marketplace app.
Products & Services
This section will list all the products and services which are available on your marketplace app.
When an approved seller/vendor adds a product, the app admin will get notified via email.
The app admin can also check the added products under Products & Services section and approve them.
To approve a product, click on its name and click Approve Product button on the next screen.
You can also send a message to the seller while approving the product.
The product status will now show as Approved under the Products & Services section.
You can download or delete selected products by clicking on the three horizontal dots on the top right-hand-side corner of your screen.
You can also filter the products based on the Product Status.
You can create product categories under which the app sellers can list their products.
While adding products, the sellers can select the specific category under which the product falls.
The buyers from your app can filter products based on the product category.